Monday, October 15, 2007

Steriods Again?

I’m not pleased at all to have recently found out that in baseball steroids are still a big issue and that the players haven’t learned not to take them, after several incidents of old steroid use occurred a few time already. The recent report of a major amount of baseball players using steroids is very disappointing me. According to ESPN and newspapers I have heard that about thirty MLB players have been found to use steroids of some kind. The players that have possessed this drug may become suspended, unlike before when players were tested positive and had no serious penalties. They only had a brief suspension.

I thought to become a professional athlete meant that you were a talented hard worker who earned a deserved spot on a team, but I m coming to realize a lot of them are cheating and I don’t like it. I am a big sport fan and to see this is disappointing. I just hope to find out in the upcoming release of some big names of steroid users or growth hormone users doesn’t turn out to be players I admire dearly. I put so much hope, loyalty, love and belief out there, when watching some of my favorite players and to possibly find out they abused their privilege of being a professional baseball player would be devastating to me, as I’m sure to many others. Some of the main people I love to watch because I think they are true professional of the game of baseball are Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens, Jorge Posada, and Johnny Damon, as well s a few others. I truly hope that they are not cheats, which I don’t think the are, and hopefully all will be well with all my favorites, so that I am not left HEARTBROKEN.

No comments: