Monday, October 15, 2007

Clueless???

I am having a lot of trouble deciding what career path I will eventually choose after college, so I recently took a personality test to see where I place in the world. I still had no idea from the test what I wanted to do, but I had quite some interesting options (according to my personality anyway).

I have learned that I have an ISFP personality, which states that I am good with children, animals, and people. I like caring for others as well as caring about myself and the things I do. I also like being original and not being a leader or a follower. There are quite a few jobs that people with this personality could enjoy; they are a teacher, social worker, artist, designer, pediatrician, and a chef. The three jobs I think I can take on are a teacher, designer, and a pediatrician.

I think I can take on being a teacher because I can be patient and I always like to be helpful. I would like knowing that I am teaching kids something that they will have to know the rest of their life. Its nice looking back and realizing, oh I’m glad Mrs._______ taught me that. I always loved school since I was little, I never hated it. I was eager to learn new things and to do new things. Being a teacher was one option I thought of but don’t think I will pursue. I feel like I need a bigger career.

I think I could become a designer because I love creating new things that appeal to the eye. I love seeing something new and different that hasn’t been seen before so I think I could have fun with a job such as designing. Designing seems to have no boundaries, you can take it as far as you could and I think I would like that aspect of the job. I love dealing with color and symmetry and abstract things, its all-just fun and I think that’s what attracts me to it. With designing you could go one way and do something that’s very symmetrical or do something very abstract. But whatever you pick both are extraordinary in their own way. I think the fact that you can be right if you do something a different way each time attracts me to the job. I think I would love to pursue a job in designing.

I think I would be able to take on the job of a pediatrician because I am interested in health and love children, so what better job to have then to help children with their health. I’ve always loved kids probably cause I love being one, which is why I think I can handle this job. I like kids outlook on things and I like the way kids try to handle themselves. They want to seem invincible and do a very good job at trying to accomplish that. That’s why I would probably enjoy caring for the children so I could help keep them invincible for as long as possible.

All in all I’m still clueless and I hope I come up with a clear vision of what I want to be soon.

No comments: