Sunday, September 30, 2007

Halloween : {


"Trick or treat, smell my feet.Give me something good to eat.If you don't, I won't be sad.I'll just make you wish you had!"

This is saying that could only mean one thing, which is that Halloween is coming. Halloween, which is one of my favorite holidays, always seems to be a memorable day. This is one day where nothing could ever be too weird and where nothing could ever be too funny. Though I love the weird and funny of Halloween. One of the greatest things I like about the holiday is the scary aspect of everything. I love getting a good scare on Halloween or any day as long as it is all in fun. Whether I see a Michael Myers walking around or a zombie, or a gory dead looking person I will definitely get frightened with the few minutes of looking at the horrid site, but after comprehending the knowledge that it is all fake, I enjoy to see such sites.

Costumes were always a favorite part of this holiday for me, besides the candy. The costumes are such a unique thing to see. Though each year you get your few costumes that you see at every corner you turn, there are still some creative and imaginary costumes that I love looking for every year. My mother being one to dress my brothers and I in the unusual attire, I have grown to like seeing unusual costumes. Now instead of wearing the costumes and going trick or treating I have grown like parents, and have begun to like searching for great costumes. This was a phase I thought I would never want to be part of. Halloween to me was to dress up and get candy and anything else was a bunch of nonsense to me. This is a tradition I wish I would never had to grow out of. Though now I can’t enjoy Halloween the way that I used to, it is still a favorite holiday and I think it always will be.

No comments: