Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Why I Write"

“Why I Write”
Writing is a unique tool that we are lucky to have. Writing can show all about who people are and what they believe. I write for many different reasons and in many different ways and I believe I write based on how I feel at the moment. I write based on my personality, my culture, my language, and overall my personal learning experiences over the years. I mostly write to speak truth, other times I might be creative and write fictionally. I’ll write to embark in an endless unrealistic adventure, or I’ll write to learn from possible mistakes.
I write to express my feelings and ideas toward people and situations, which is probably why many people write, but I do so in my own way. I write to show my intelligence as a person and to show my perspective on how I see things and how I see others. When I write I try to share what I’m talking about to the reader so it is understandable and interesting, as well to get my point across. I usually write to share insight on my interests and me. I write to show my enthusiasm about what I’m talking about. I try to be creative and fun so that I enjoy writing.
My favorite thing to write is fiction because I love to be creative and come up with the impossible. Fictional writing has endless possibilities, which you could have so much fun with. I like to dream big and pretend to believe in something such as dragons or magic, so writing fictionally makes me do this. This is what and why I particularly love write.
Overall writing to me is a way of reflecting my ideas and my beliefs that are possibly different from others, but that doesn’t make a difference because that’s why my writing is mine. My writing shows how I think and how I perceive things and ideas. My writing reflects my life experiences and my learning experiences. My writing reflects my dreams and ambitions as well as reality. This is “why I write.”

No comments: