Monday, September 24, 2007

Greek Life

The first couple days of college I found miserable because I barely knew anybody, so when I heard about Greek life I jumped at the chance just hoping to meet new people. I knew getting involved is a major part of what makes your school life amazing, so when I realized Greek life was the major thing at my college I realized I had to at least check it out.

Joining a Greek organization was something I never had in my head until actually going to college one day and ending up at a Greek life meeting later on that evening. I have heard plenty about Greek life over the years, and never pictured myself becoming involved in any thing of that sort. Fraternities and sororities were only things I was used to seeing on television and in teen movies, but as I got to realize for myself what Greek life was I quickly wanted to know more and more about Greek life. I realized that its about helping your community and helping each other. I like that alot because I am always looking for some good to do in the world.

As I kept going to meeting after meeting, I eventually kept getting closer to becoming a member of Greek life before I knew it. Going to meet the different sororities and girls was something that was very different and something I would never have done.Soon enough though I realized how close the girls are to each other and how the girls in the sorority are almost like family and then i knew that the decision I made of was a good one. I love my family and my family is a very important aspect of my life, so having a second famild would be amazing.
Now actually a member of a sorority going through the whole process of getting in, I have gianed a numerous amount of friendships and a numerous amount of sisters that have definitely became a wonderful part of my life.

1 comment:

meLLy '07 said...

I agree with you blog about greek life. I joined Greek Life also and I think it is the best choice that I have made. It is great to have a bunch of sisters and to know you can help out in charitys and other things that they do.