Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas 2007

Christmas is around the corner, and I am not in much of the holiday spirit. I usually love Christmas, but this year as of right this second, I’m not felling the holiday spirit. I think it’s because I’m not ready for Christmas yet. It came extremely fast. This year with getting used to college and with having a job around this time, I feel as if life is speeding by.

Christmas means having to do intense Christmas cleaning around the house, putting up the lights, decorating the house, putting up the Christmas tree and the worst of all shopping. Shopping is one hectic thing around Christmas that I dislike very much right now. I love giving and receiving is not something I always expect, so that’s not why I’m disliking shopping, but it’s because all the nonsense you have to go through. It is always hard buying for friends and family whether it’s because you don’t know what they want, or whether it’s because they tell you to save your money and not get them anything at all. Christmas shopping is great when you know what the people you’re buying for want, but that doesn’t seem to happen often. I have to admit that I am one of those people that are hard to buy for because I really never know what I want, so I have an abundance of sympathy for everyone shopping for me.

I wish this holiday can be a bit easier. It’s really not about the presents and I have
definitely learned that from my shopping experience. With all this troublesome shopping horror that comes during Christmas, it is great to see the look of someone’s face when you bought them something they weren’t expecting, or something they wanted and weren’t expecting to get.

Hopefully my Christmas troubles will end and Christmas won’t turn out as bad as it seems.

No comments: