Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sculpting my life







Art and design is something I love. I’ve always loved coloring, painting, drawing, and doodling, which I probably why I am so interested in art now.

I remember a lot of really amazing projects that I loved to do in design class in middle school and extremely fun and great project from my ceramics class in high school.

I guess I love it because it’s something that is so easy for me to do and something that is usually extraordinary to the eye and viewer. I love the beauty involved in art and the uniqueness of it all. You made nothing into something.

I really enjoyed my ceramics class in high school because I loved being able to create anything I wanted and make it anyway I wanted with my own actual hands. Besides that, the class was overall fun because of the fact that you felt like you were five again and playing with play dough, but this time around I actually wanted to make something important and meaningful, instead of a pink pizza or a blue banana.

In ceramics I made vases, mugs, plates, monsters, monster heads and just about anything else I wanted to make. They were all fun but, I enjoyed making the monster the best because I created it my out of my imagination and I think its one of the best projects I have done. I sketched the model of the monster before actually making it, so when I made the monster and it was coming out exactly the way I sketched it I really felt like I accomplished something. I made something that was on paper come to life.

I have learned over the years that art has become a very important thing in my life, and I hope to have some kind of career in art. It is something that makes me feel talented and accomplished.

No comments: