Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Game


Soccer is a sport that is very important to me. I have a passion for it and I love it. It is something I wish I can play everyday. It is one thing that truly makes me happy and never brings me down.

I have played soccer for about thirteen years now and it has been a great thirteen years. I have learned many things from many different coaches and from many different players.

High school was the first time I competed and was very serious about the game. The previous years I didn’t realize how much soccer meant to me and why I was playing it. In high school it became very clear that it was a game that I grew up with and there are many memories and events that I remember, all because of soccer.

Freshman year I was a bit drawn back from trying out for the team, because it was a whole new experience after leaving a team I have played with for about nine years. My old team knew me and knew what my skills and slight weaknesses were, but now I had to face these new potential teammates that didn’t know how I played the game. After trying out and making it I grew comfortable with my new team, after learning nobody was perfect and learning that the team wasn’t too successful.

This was the start of my happy high school years, being able to play for my schools team. I grew with even more excitement and happiness knowing I was a starter. I was good enough to bypass some veterans and others. I never knew that I was a good player until high school.

Senior year was an important and unforgettable year for me because I was captain of my team and was so happy to be known as a leader of my favorite sport. There were ups and downs of my experience playing, such as the last two years where I had to take one for the team and switch my position. This is one thing I wasn’t happy about, but grew to learn why I needed to do it and was happy to do it for my team.

Soccer is a completive, skillful, and aggressive sport, but yet is also about the mind. Making the right decisions of whom to Pass to and what to do within split seconds is an important factor in the game.

Soccer is a sport that has taught me so much. I have learned to become smart, successful, and a leader. What better could you ask for?

SOCCER is my PASSION and nothing and no one could take it away from me.

No comments: